Friday 20 July 2012

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Review

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

The past week or so I've been away in Birmingham seeing my boyfriend and some friends -thus the lack of posts! I've been terribly lazy since I got back and haven't even started taking photos for the posts that I'm writing. I bought a LOT over the past week and so there're lots of pretty things that I want to share.

I've also got a job starting monday working Monday to Wednesday with the company that my dad and brother work for and uni work to be done by the middle of next month so I won't have that much time in the coming weeks to write but I'm going to try my hardest to fit it in!

Anyway, I bought these eyelash curlers a few weeks ago on Buyapowa. I'd been waiting weeks for the Co-buy to come up, and on the day that I finally broke down and bought some cheap Revlon curlers to tide me over, it finally started (as is my luck!).

I've heard a lot of good things about these, but I honestly haven't really used eyelash curlers before! My lashes are generally pretty long anyway so I didn't see the need, but I'm actually really excited by these!



Here are my eyelashes before. You can't really see that they're that long because they're not that dark and apparently aren't that curly. 




And here's the huge difference that the Shu Uemura's make! They already look huge here even without mascara.





Here's the final look with one layer of mascara. Apologies for the different angle but I found it pretty difficult to photograph my own eye. My camera kept focussing on my eye and blurring my lashes- not that helpful for this post!


I have very deep set eyes and I did notice that it was a lot easier for my to use these than my Revlon ones. After a couple of times using the curlers I had no problems curling all of my lashes in one go and the curl really is very significant!


People have said that these curlers didn't crimp their eyelashes, even when they tried, but I didn't find this. I did end up with a sharp crimp one time when I was playing around with them but to avoid this you just don't use as much pressure- pretty simple.


Also despite other reviewers saying that they didn't catch on their skin, I do find that I have to curl my lashes lower down than I would like because it pinches my eyelid. I think this is to do with my deepset eye shape though rather than being a fault of the product.


The curlers come with one extra pad, and once both pads have lost their spring you need to buy a new curler. I really hope mine last a while because I'm not sure I could justify spending £20 regularly on eyelash curlers!
Despite the high price, I definitely recommend these. The curl seems to last all day, and paired with a good mascara you'll end up with lashes that have everyone asking if they're fake - and who doesn't want to be complimented like that?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can really see the difference. I used to wonder what all the hype was about these curlers but now I definitely understand!

    Helen xxx

    beautifullysuperfluous.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to pick this up now! Thank you for the review!

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete