Tuesday 3 July 2012

Daily Make up



So this weekend past I spent at Goodwood Festival of Speed with my car-obsessed family. With a positive weather forecast I didn't sleep the night before we left and dressed at around 2 in the morning in a pretty summer dress and cardigan... I was feeling positive, okay?

Of course when we eventually got there and put up our tent I was frozen by the terrible winds and had to change into jeans and a hoodie. A little disappointing!
Of course as soon as I changed into this and we actually got down to the car festival, the sun came out and I was immediately sweltering.

I think my favourite part of the weekend was... staying in the tent. Is that silly? Haha! We got to see the Red Arrows and another RAF display of the Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft which was simply amazing!

It was nice seeing sports cars through the ages as well and it was nice to spend some time with my family, even if cars aren't really “my thing”.

It was nice to get home to my warm bed and a proper shower – not to mention having all of my make up after surviving on concealer and and a little eyeliner!

So I thought I'd make a post on what I'd usually wear on a day out. I don't wear all of these products at once but they're the ones that appear most often.

YSL Touch Eclat, Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

After moisturising and before foundation I use one (or both!) of these concealers to brighten under my eyes and cover any blemishes.
The Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in porcelain gives great coverage for under eye bags and the white powder sets it and makes it light enough to suit my skin tone.

My Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in the original shade is so beautiful. I've gone through quite a few of these now and I don't think that I'll ever replace them! Instead of the usual orange/yellow tone of concealers, this has pink undertones and blends into even my incredibly pale skin. Not to mention it can really open the eyes when used in the inner corners. I tend to keep this with me wherever I go.


Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation in Porcelain, Mineral finishing powder in  Translucent Silk

For foundation I wear a mineral foundation by Lily Lolo in the shade Porcelain with their translucent finishing powder. I actually bought it as a set from the website with their Kabuki brush for £35 and am incredibly pleased with it.

As someone who is pretty much as pale as it's possible to be, this foundation is a Godsend! It doesn't oxidise at all and covers all of my red patches on and around my nose with a natural yet matte appearance.

I cannot recommend this foundation enough! Before this I forked out for Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation in their palest colour Alabaster; but even that was too dark and made me look orange!

You can buy Lily Lolo products from their website here: www.LilyLolo.co.uk

At the moment you also get a free grey eyeliner if you order products that come to more than £25 (which I may well be doing thanks to their beautiful summer blushes!) take a look.

Benefit Coralista

My current go to blush for summery cheeks is Benefit's Coralista. I tried this a few years ago when I had an assistant at their counter attack me with make up... coating me with make up that was FAR too dark for my skin!

But I still fell in love with this blush; and although I didn't buy it then in a hurry to escape for the scarily made-up woman, I still made a note of it.
Somehow however I only just purchased my own Coralista blush recently and it's just as amazing as I remembered!

A beautiful coral pink that looks perfect on a whole range of complexions I'm not astounded by its staying power but I always find that powder blushes don't stay on my skin for very long.
It's still beautiful and I have yet to find something that I prefer.

Urban Decay Naked Palette 2

This is my everyday eye palette. For some reason I bought this rather than the original Urban Decay Naked Palette (although I'm sure I'll end up buying that too). At the moment I've been keeping my eyeshadow very subdued with only a slight highlight at my inner eye and brow bone with the shade Bootycall and a little shading of my outer eye and crease with Suspect and Snakebite but this palette is truly amazing.. and so portable!

Gel Eyeliner, Bourjois Kohl & Contour pencil in Ultra Black, MUA White eye pencil

I accidentally on purpose bought an incredibly fake Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner about 6 months ago just to see how it would fare. It was fairly cheap at about £5 with shipping and came with a brush and so I thought that I had nothing to lose.. and I'm still using it.

I had intended to replace it with the genuine Bobbi Brown article or a similar gel eyeliner from a different brand but decided to wait until it dried out.

It does the job that I intended it for and it only now starting to dry out- and the brush is actually incredible quality for such a cheap price- no fallout whatsoever! I by no means recommend ebay fakes though, I usually keep this hidden and am quite embarassed by it, haha!

Also shown is a Kohl and Contour Ultra Black Kohl liner by Bourjois which is lovely and soft on my sensitive eyelids and my cheapy white eyeliner from MUA which was only £1 and comes with its own pencil sharpener. Cannot recommend MUA enough for their cheap products that are still great quality!

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers

Recently I bought these eyelash curler from BuyaPowa.
Everyone and their dog has heard of the hype surrounding Shu Uemura eyelash curlers so I waited for weeks for them to come up on Buyapowa so that I could see what all the fuss was about.

Unlike my previous drugstore eyelash curlers, these don't poke me in my brow bone which is amazing! I have deep set, hooded eyes and so surprised when I tried these first time and managed to grab all of my eyelashes and create a perfect curl.

I can confirm what many before me have: Shu Uemura eyelash curlers are well worth the hype. I hope that they last me a while though!

L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes mascara in Ultra Black, Cargo Lash Activator

I'm in between mascaras at the moment. I tend to find that I like mine the most just before I run out of product (probably due to less clumping). At the moment however I'm using Cargo LashActivator which I got for £5 from boots in the sale (down from £20) and L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black that I also got from boots because they had a 3 for 2 offer and I'm still searching for my perfect mascara!

The Cargo mascara isn't my favourite when it comes to how it looks, but it boasts to increase lash growth and I truly believe that it works! I've been using it for a couple of months now and my lashes touch my shades (if I ever get to wear them!). It is not as true black as the Revlon mascara and so sometimes I use them together.

The Revlon mascara is an incredibly dark black and clumping is avoided as the tube pulls any excess product off of the wand as you take it out to use it. A very nifty feature that I wish every mascara had!

Chanel Glossimer in Calypso, LOOK Beauty Lip Slick in Fruit Punch

And last but not least my lipglosses – both of which I have reviewed recently!
I usually wear either Chanel's new summer glossimer Calypso or LOOK Beauty's Lip Slick in Fruit Punch. There's nearly £20 difference between them but they're both beautiful! Fruit Punch is a little easier to wear just because it is slightly less sticky, but as lipglosses go they're both pretty easy to wear and give a lovely peachy pink appearance to the lips. My favourite!

I ran out of time today to actually do my makeup and show you what this looks like on but I thought I'd make this post just to give an idea as to what I put my poor face through on the days that I go out.


What are your make up must haves?


6 comments:

  1. Seriously so glad I follow you! I am so pale too and although I use Lily Lolo blushes I never thought of using their powders! Oh my! Going to definitely be purchasing these now!!

    And I am ridiculously jealous that you own Chanel!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear there are so many people as pale as us, and yet most brands don't cater for us!
      Definitely try Lily Lolo's foundation! I am so in love with it. It stays on all day, covers all of my imperfections and that short ingredient list doesn't make me feel guilty about what I'm putting on my face.
      Which blushes do you have? I desperately want some!

      I am in love with my Chanel lipgloss, but in all honesty I don't buy it that often. You can usually find something by a drugstore brand that is very similar, I was just wooed by the beauty glittery orange lipgloss this time.

      -Olivia xx

      Delete
    2. I have two blushes by Lily Lolo - I think they're called Rosehip and Ooh La La. They're VERY highly pigmented though so they have to be treated with a lot of caution.

      When I first applied it I looked like a clown but they are stunning and go on so well and blend like a dream when you only use a tiny bit. They were £7.29 which is very reasonable considering how long they will last.

      If you want a liquid foundation Estee Lauder Nutritious in colour 'one' is a great foundation (more like a tinted moisturiser with better cover). Its the lightest one they do and it suits me fine (so long as I don't plaster myself in it).

      Helen xxx

      Delete
    3. I'm googling that foundation right as we speak!
      Ooh la la is definitely one of the blushes that I'm looking at, as well as Clementine and Doll face. At £7.29 they are incredibly reasonable for the amount of product that you get.

      I'll probably end up splurging out on all of them..
      And I do need that Green Opal, Pixie Sparkle and Pink champagne eyeshadows!

      I think I need to make more money to support my need to buy make-up..

      -Olivia xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to get the Shu Uemera eye lash curler, I have a Revlon one that's pretty much needs replacement like now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty content with my Revlon ones before I tried these... the difference really is amazing!
      It's difficult to justify spending that much money on them - I know I pondered it for a long while before taking the plunge - but I don't regret it at all!

      -Olivia xx

      Delete